Needs Impact Assessment Carried out in Mubende District, Kiyuni Health Center III, with UNFPA

Needs Impact Assessment Carried out in Mubende District, Kiyuni Health Center III, with UNFPA

During the Up Accelerate program by UNFPA, M-SCAN  carried out a needs impact assessment to explore on the challenges faced by pregnant women of  Kiyuni village, Mubende district regarding access to ultrasound.

A turn of 97 women were interviewed and the results amazing! The majority, 69.1% of the women had never heard of ultrasound and the rest had ever heard of the modality.  Among the respondents in regard to money required for an ultrasound, only 18.6%  could afford the 10,000/- required for an ultrasound scan, the rest 81.4% cant afford the 10,000/-. The 81.4% of the women said they can afford less than 5000/=

As evidenced from the survey, game changing solutions such as M-SCAN can be pivotal to bring the gap between pregnant mothers and the access of ultrasound services that are affordable, power efficient and yet still very effective.

Follow us on Twitter

Like Us On Facebook

Facebook Pagelike Widget

Contact Us

Phone: +256-780521466

Whatsapp: +256-700903657

Address: Plot 23, Outbox Hub. Lumumba Avenue, Soliz House,Level 4